We are sure there are conscious grooms, conscious couples out there as well as conscious brides! So we thought it was about time we shared some research.
One of the first businesses we came across was Cock and Bull menswear. Tweed suits and accessories entirely made in the UK from sustainable fabrics and yarns. Maybe not for a summer wedding, although it doesn't really get that hot in the UK does it?! A suit that would stand the test of time - the best way to have a sustainable wardrobe.
How about a beautiful organic cotton fairtrade shirt to go under that suit? We have discovered a great online store called Arthur and Henry which we think solves all shirt needs forever more!
A couple of other sources we have discovered on our search:
- Visible clothing have a good range of affordable shirts
- Shop around for something vintage such as Beyond Retro.
- Skip the whole suit go for an open collar and a classic linen shirt such as these on Arthur and Henry
- One of M&S's shwopped suits where some of the fabric has been made with items they have received for shwopping.
- It is a bit easier to find ethical mens shoes or ones made in the UK in a google search. In a previous shoes blog post we have mentioned Bourgeois Boheme